Love in any Language is still LOVE!

8.17.2020

Jehovah


"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"  William Shakespeare's

Jehovah a form of the Hebrew name of God used in some translations of the Bible.

 

Jehovah" was introduced to the English-speaking world by William Tyndale in his translation of Exodus 6:3, and was taken up in very limited fashion.

 

I am truly not sure why this word came to me today. It must be God wanting me to discover more of Him. In my research, I found a list of 955 names and titles for God.  That is mind-blowing and makes me wonder why so many? And which one is right? How do you know how to address our beloved Father? 

 

I can only speak from my heart and my experience. Twenty-five months ago I was introduced to God by way of a Holy Spirit encounter. I knew Him superficially but this introduction changed many things. 

 

Due to the enlightened event that happened during my walk, I started calling Him Elohim… And I found comfort in how that name resonated in my soul … And one day while praying I addressed Him as Father and felt it was too formal and I told Him so. I then explained I wanted to call Him Love because that is what I think of when I think of Him. So for approximately one year, I have addressed Him as Love. 

 

And now today during this word study Jehovah came to mind. Jehovah seems to have been around since the beginning of time. I found that it is the most often used name for God in the Hebrew Bible (appearing several thousand times) / It appears first in Genesis.Hebrew —transliteration: Yahweh or YHWH. 

 

So many names? So many titles? When and how do we use each one is a mind-boggling process? It is my belief that many names and titles were used through the ages. Because It personalized God the Father to whoever He was dealing with at that moment.

 

Each one of His children needed a name that resonated with their creator and their own soul. When you find yourself questioning our Creator’s name and how you should address Him. That is when you develop that bond. For example, do you have a special name “Nick Name” your significant other or your children? It’s usually a name that warms your heart. I think God wants intimacy with His children. It's not the name or the title that matters as much as the heart that will allow the name to be uttered with regard above all others and deep love from within our soul. If you will quiet your mind and ask Him He will guide you and you will find a name for our Heavenly Father that will fit your relationship like a glove. And your bond with Him will grow amazingly each day. 

 

It’s Him. It's always Him. 

 

 Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect himfor he ... I will set him on high because he has known my name Psalms 91:14

 

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Matthew 7:21

 

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. Genesis 22:14

 

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen. Jehovah Exodus 6-3 

 

 “That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.” Psalms 83:18

 

Trust ye in the LORD forever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength: Isaiah 26:4


Photography, Design & Written by Lori Garner   

Bible Verses From KJV  / Sinner's Prayer

Inspiring Music: Names of God (4K Version)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Holy Spirit ? / Darren Whitehead - You Tube

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (611) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (382) Jesus (588) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com