Love in any Language is still LOVE!

1.03.2021

Oath



"Real faith never disappoints because it is in God, grounded on His character, promises, covenant, and oath." ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer...

 

Meaning of oath a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behavior: something (such as a promise) corroborated by an oath. 

 

There are approximately 35 Bible Verses about Oaths. 

 

What is an oath?  Is it a vow?  Is it a promise? Maybe a commitment?  

 

Do we even take oaths any more?  I have witnessed politicians and many US Presidents take oaths as they lay their hand on top of the Bible and repeat these words  “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

 

Do you ever wonder why or how this tradition came to be ?? Why the Bible? 

 

Well, it is interesting that swearing on the Bible, seems to have started back in President Washington’s day, it was seen as basically promising God you would do what you swear to do, with fear of God punishing you keeping you from breaking your oath.

 

When we place our hand on the leather-bound pages of God's word... Do we go through the motions to show others that image? In hopes, they see something that may be a superficial ritual. But it may convince others that they have God's blessing. 

 

I wish we had the ability to see their heart? Do they truly know what even happened between the pages from Genesis to Revelations? Have they studied our Heavenly Father's word??? 

 

Many think that being President is the most powerful most important position in our world... 

 

But I met someone that reigns with the utmost power. The utmost grace. The utmost Love... There is no one anywhere that can even come close. He wows me. 

 

Why is it that we only witness political or highly connected figures taking an oath .. ( now I am sure there are oaths that are taken daily but they are not given such worldwide media coverage. )

 

But I would like to simplify and personalize our oath process .. God has given us many oaths but my favorites are His unconditional love. His forgiveness is like nothing I have ever witnessed. A gentleness soft, kind, and a commitment to never leave us for eternity.


As children of our Heavenly Father we pray, we worship, we claim to love Him! But are we willing to take an oath, a vow, a promise? Are we truly committed ðŸ’¯ percent? 

 

Here are my thoughts on an oath.

 

I will make this oath with an open heart, and soul! And I will try with all my might to listen to His whispers and follow His direction. 

 

Oath 

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute to the best of my ability the words in this amazing book we know as the Bible. I will commit my heart to follow my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven and will vow to listen to the Holy Spirit and learn more about them each day. I will work towards living a life that will reflect His teachings and light. I will share His love with others... I will commit to not just lay my hands on top of the leather-bound book we know as the Bible. But I will commit to open the pages from Genesis to Revelations ... and discover what He wants to reveal to my heart. I will continue as long as I have a breath, to love, honor, and discover more of HIM. 

 

It’s Him, it’s always Him 


I challenge you to write down your oath.. Make that commitment. 

 

“And I will send the fulfillment of the Father’s promise to you. So stay here in the city until the mighty power of heaven falls upon you and wraps around you.””Luke 24:49 TPT

 

”I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back,That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. Isaiah 45:23

 

Photography and Written by Lori Garner 

Bible Verses from KJV, ESV / Sinner's Prayer

Inspiring music from YouTube 

You Promised (Lyric Video) - Corey Voss [ Official ]



0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com