Love in any Language is still LOVE!

4.06.2021

Rest

 “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will give rest for your souls" Matthew 11:28-30 



Meaning of rest an instance or period of relaxing or ceasing to engage in strenuous or stressful activity

 

The word "rest" literally means to relax in peace; it also implies people's mourning for the dead. In the Bible, the word "rest" appears over two hundred times.

 

When I closed my eyes to rest my thoughts on the word rest... This mental image appeared... Fall leaves bright orange with beautiful deep hues of red. They danced so gracefully across the ground as the wind gently pushed against the beauty of the moment. 

 

Are we much like leaves in the wind?  Or do our souls yearn for a peaceful existence? Unrest can cause anxiety and fear. 

 

With our world pulling at our time, our hearts, and our obligations? How do we find the precious time to rest? 

 

Exactly what happens to us when we rest?  We can expect our breathing to slow down and our body to relax. "When you wake up, it's almost like you've time-traveled, feeling like you only fell asleep. 

 

I must confess I am having a difficult time writing this word after a full day of activity. Determined to take what we call a time out ... I put on my PJs grabbed my electric blanket sat in my lazy boy... Put on my headphones and tuned in to my favorite playlist.. and away I went to that magical place. Where our worries disappear, where our body becomes limp ... and our mind and soul are free to experience a beautiful blissful state where dreams can whisk our way.  

 

What an amazing gift from our heavenly Father.  He knew our bodies could not keep up with our freed souls... And created rest so our bodies could repair and refuel.. while our soul connects and communes with our Creator  ... I must say when I find Him it is the sweetest, the most love-filled relaxed moments in time... My soul soars with delight and my heart is filled with abundant joy. I could stay there forever... as a matter of fact, I have asked Him to let me stay more than once... But just as this amazing dance begins to pick up momentum... the moment and mood are broken with that familiar annoying buzzer sound. 

 

The alarm..ugh .. hit that snooze button and you try as you might pick up the moment just where you left it? Sadly you discover it has vanished into thin air... but the sweetness of this relaxing getaway lingers on you like the fresh morning dew. 

 

He is amazing!! How did He think of so many wonderful gifts to give His Children??? 

 

Well, I have more time. I am going to meditate on Him... I am going to rest on Him... He moves my soul !! 

 

It’s him. It’s always Him!!! 


Photography & Written by Lori Garner

Bible Verses From KJV, Easy  /  Sinners prayer 

Inspiring Music:

Rest in Jesus


 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com