Love in any Language is still LOVE!

10.05.2021

Desperation



 

The meaning of desperation: a state of despair, hopelessnessdistressanguishpain, agony…

 

The word desperation appears only 4 times in the Bible…

 

I have never thought of myself as a desperate type... So, this word may give me a run for my money?? Growing up I was a passive soul… My mother used to say, “Lori would rather switch than fight?” But as I grew up, I realized that that was not necessarily the case… I just saved the battles for what I thought was worthy of me standing my ground… I only tolerated being bullied by life issues to a point…  Then somewhere deep inside I found the strength to climb the mountain before me.  

 

But then I began to ponder when I have ever felt desperate, and my mind traveled to a 5k race that I had entered… I remember getting ready by training… getting the correct gear… and waiting for the day with great anticipation… 


Finally, the day arrived… I had to check in at daybreak. They assigned me a number and pinned it on my shirt… I had entered the race alone… except for the other hundred or so people…  I wandered around taking in the moment and watching the other racers laughing, stretching, and lining up with hopes of being one of the top finishers. I will confess, I would be happy to just finish… 

 

The announcer began to call for all racers to make their way to the starting line… As we did, I now felt I was part of this sea of strangers… We gathered, took our stance as they said. on your mark, get set, and GO! I heard the gun and away we went…. As the race continued, some raced ahead with great speed, some fell to the back of the pack… I felt  I would be lucky if I were somewhere in the middle… 1 mile, 2 miles, as I ran past each mile marker my endurance seem to be fading but I was determined not to give up…  I passed mile marker 3, and then 4  ... My breathing became labored. My heart started pounding, and my legs were feeling weak… But my mind said keep going you are almost home….

 

As soon as that thought ran through my mind, I began to see the finish line on the distant horizon… I became ecstatic that I had made it this far… However, my body began to scream as I rounded the 4.5k mark, up and down hills, through grass, and even rain… I was desperate to finish… As the finish line came closer and closer, I began to call out every name I knew in Heaven, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and my sister.  I knew at this point I needed heavenly help as I was desperate to finish… It was a beautiful moment and one that I will always remember as those heavenly souls helped me across the finish line that day. 

 

Now you are most likely wondering what this has to do with a Bible word study?? I can only share my thoughts… We are all in the race we call life… We are all getting ready for that big race day… Some are filling their spiritual bodies and training each day. Some may think I've got this no problem.. after all, I am in pretty good shape ??  Some may be weak and feel there is still time to ready themselves? But when we are called to the starting line… and hear the words... on your mark, we will gather… get set… we will take our stance… and then with a great powerful voice, you will hear the word Go…. The last gun will fire... 


I do believe we will all run with hope in our hearts that we did enough to make it home...  We will all feel that final tug of desperate anticipation… Some may struggle and desperately make the last attempt with their last dying breath. Some will keep running and try to slide into home plate. 


Me I want to prepare myself now, so I can finish strong and call out all the soul's names that helped me cross the finish line. I celebrate and say "I am here count me in." Because I will admit..... I am beyond...


Desperate to see His beautiful face…  

 

It's Him, It's always Him

 

In case you are curious I came in 5th in my age group… I know in my heart it had to be Him… 


I pray you to start training today for the most amazing race you will ever enter... I hope to see you at the finish line. 

 

But when they were in their trouble and distress they turned to the Lord God of Israel, and [in desperation earnestly] sought Him, 2 Chronicles 15:4 


Desperation 

 

The meaning of desperation: a state of despair, hopelessnessdistressanguishpain, agony…

 

The word desperation appears only 4 times in the Bible…

 

I have never thought of myself as a desperate type... So, this word may give me a run for my money?? Growing up I was a passive soul… My mother used to say, “Lori would rather switch than fight?” But as I grew up, I realized that that was not necessarily the case…  I just saved the battles for what I thought was worthy of me standing my ground… I only tolerated being bullied by life issues to a point…  Then somewhere deep inside I found the strength to climb the mountain before me.  

 

But then I began to ponder when I have ever felt desperate, and my mind traveled to a 5k race that I had entered… I remember getting ready by training… getting the correct gear… and waiting for the day with great anticipation… Finally, the day arrived… I had to arrive at daybreak and check-in… they assigned me a number and pinned it on my shirt… I had entered the race alone… except for the other hundred or so people…  I wandered around taking in the moment and watching the other racers laughing, stretching, and lining up with hopes of being one of the top finishers. I will confess, I would be happy to just finish… 

 

The announcer began to call for all racers to make their way to the starting line… As we did, I now felt I was part of the sea of people… We gathered, took our stance as they said. On your mark, get set, and GO! I heard the gun and away we went…. As the race continued, some raced ahead with great speed, some fell to the back of the pack… I was somewhere maybe in the middle… 1 mile, 2mile, as I ran past each mile maker my endurance seem to be fading but I could not give up… miles 3, and 4... My breathing became labored. My heart was pounding, and my legs were feeling the pain… But my heart and mind said keep going you are almost home…. 


As soon as that thought ran through my mind, I began to see the finish line on the distant horizon… I became ecstatic that I had made it this far… However, my body began to feel the 4.5k track I had been on… Uphills through grass, and even rain… I was desperate to finish… As the finish line became closer and closer, I began to call out every name I knew in Heaven, God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and my sister.  I knew at this point I needed heavenly help as I was desperate to finish… It was a beautiful moment and one that I will always remember as those heavenly souls helped me across the finish line that day. 

 

Now you are most likely wondering what does this has to do with a Bible word study?? I can only share my thoughts… We are all in the race we call life… We are all getting ready for that big race day… Some are filling their spiritual bodies and training each day. Some may think I think I am in good shape no problem??  Some may be weak and feel there is still time to ready themselves? But when all approach the starting line… and we hear on your mark, we will gather… get set… we will take a stand… and Go…. I do believe we will all run with hope in our hearts that we make it to the finish line… We will all feel desperation set in… Some may struggle and be desperate to make it into Heaven with their last dying breath. Some will keep running or even crawling to squeak in… Me I want to prepare myself now, so I can finish calling out all the soul's names that went before me. I am here count me in…  Because I will admit. I am beyond desperate to see His beautiful face…  

 

It's Him, It's always Him

 

In case you are curious I came in 5th in my age group… I know in my heart it had to be Him… 


I pray you start training today for the most amazing race you will ever be a part of... I hope to see you at the finish line. 

 

But when they were in their trouble and distress they turned to the Lord God of Israel, and [in desperation earnestly] sought Him, 2 Chronicles 15:4 -

 

Why do You stand far away, O Lord? Why do You hide [Yourself, veiling Your eyes] in times of trouble? Psa 10:1 


Photography & Written by Lori Garner

Sinners Prayer 

Inspiring Music by (youtube)

Canyon Hills - See Your Face (Lyrics)




 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com