Love in any Language is still LOVE!

8.10.2021

Desire


“God made us to crave—to desire eagerly, want greatly, and long for Him.”  ― Lysa TerKeurst... 


Meaning of desire: a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen:

 

We found 106 verses in the KJB that reference the word desire. 

 

As I started to unfold this word. I tried in my mind to understand the meaning written above with what my heart was whispering… 

 

To me, the word desire goes deeper than just a strong feeling or want. It seems to me to have a romance or passion that accompanies this word. So come with me and let's see where our desires take us.

 

We seem to have so many earthly wants and desires… Homes, cars, things…. many many things… But we truly must ask ourselves, what is it that we desire? What is the strongest desire in our life ?? How many of our possessions can we take with us ?? 

 

When we look to the Bible for answers I found people over time have had strong desires to know God on an intimate level… And then we see and hear in His written word. His desire to love all mankind becomes evident. He desires a bond of everlasting love with every one of His precious children. 

 

But as I studied the many desires in the Bible…I wrestled with this verse for a while.

 

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

 

What does this mean? If we love Him with all our mind, body, and soul He will grant our desires much like a genie ?? 


I do believe many people get stuck here and only see their own desires, they want from a worldly heart… I have witnessed many believers feel if they love, worship, and pray...to Him. That the new car will someday be parked in their driveway, or their heart's desire will magically appear. 

 

However, I believe, if we love Him with all of our mind, body, and soul… He will become our strongest desire.. Chasing Him will become as important as the air we breathe. And we will realize that He is the biggest gift we could ever hope to receive.  

 

It's His love and acceptance that we will desire most… We will crave in our soul to linger in His presence for one more stolen moment… He is such a beautiful gift... 

 

If you have been blessed to feel Him stirring in your soul,  you have felt His romance, His passion, and a love that only He possess… Describing it is difficult. He leaves me speechless… 

 

It’s Him. It’s always been Him… Our soul has been programmed since birth to love Him with every part of who we are… Our soul is free to love Him with no boundaries, with no hesitations, and no man-made rules.…  but somewhere as we travel in our life this love seems to slip away and become distant...  But I thank Him for never giving up on us!!! 

 

I say do not get hung up on what others may think or say. I urge you to make Him the center of your life… LOVE Him with the purest intentions and heart …Because as your love grows for Him, your desires will lose their grip on worldly things. Your heart will begin to open and draw you closer to our Heavenly Father. 

 

It’s there that your depth of understanding and our true purpose of why we were even born will be made clear….  Your life here on earth will take on new meaning and your soul will fall in LOVE with our Creator once again. Your life will never be the same... 

 

It’s Him. It’s always been Him that our soul desires. 


“I long to drink of you, O God, to drink deeply from the streams of pleasure flowing from your presence. My longings overwhelm me for more of you! My soul thirsts, pants, and longs for the living God. I want to come and see the face of God.” Psalms 42:1-2

  

Photography & Written by Lori Garner

Sinners Prayer 

Inspiring Music by (youtube)

Jesus Culture - Kim Walker Smith - Only You - Nothing Else











0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com