Love in any Language is still LOVE!

3.30.2024

Christian


Moses spent forty years thinking he was somebody; forty years learning he was nobody, and forty years discovering what God can do with a nobody. D. L. Moody

 

Meaning of Christian relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings. 

 

The word Christian is only mentioned three times in the New Testament. 

 

As strange as it may sound to many I do not use the word, Christian... I truly don't know why? But like many things in this amazing journey with God. I do not have the answers... It seems that my heart just instinctively knew that I had to follow this great LOVE that fell upon my soul on that monumental day in May of 2018. 

 

At the time, I had no idea where this love came from or what it was... But it placed a hunger in my soul that could not be satisfied. The more I discovered the more I became enamored with this Godly presence. From the outside looking in people would see me as a ”Christian”??? 

 

It sounds like a label I could proudly wear across my chest. So why did I not throw the word ”Christian” around while I traveled this most amazing journey... 

 

Come with me as I try to unravel this word.  What is the mystery of why I never call myself by this label? Don't be critical or discouraged if you use this word that is perfectly ok... God knows our hearts and our intentions and gives us all such unique and diverse opportunities to truly know Him on an intimate level. 

 

So let's discover how the word Christian came to be and if it fits our individual needs. 

 

The three places the word Christian appears in the Bible is in Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28, and 1 Peter 4:16

 

And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year, Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples (A) were called Christians first (B) at Antioch. Acts 11:26 

 

However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 1 Peter 4:16

 

Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian Acts 26:28

 

After diving into this word. It does seem to be a label given by the government of Rome to a group of disciples and or churchgoers... 

 

I am set aside. I am a follower of Christ. And if you must label me you could call me a ”Christian” you would probably be right. However, I have discovered in this world of labels, labels seem to create division... 

 

However,  I have also discovered that His love can build bridges between all diversities... One day we will all discover that we are truly all one world ...  under ONE great LOVE... under one supreme God.


Once bitten by this LOVE there is no turning back.

 

So call me what you will... I know who my heart follows... And you can call Him Jesus Christ... My Lord and Savior... 

 

It's Him. It's always Him!!! 

 

And if you must label me you can call me a Child of God...  Now that's a label I can live with!! It speaks of the power of His Love for His Child... He loves me... and that is a WOW... 


Photography & Written by Lori Garner

Sinners Prayer 

Inspiring Music by (youtube) 

Who You Say I Am - Hillsong Worship





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who is the Holy Spirit ? / Darren Whitehead - You Tube

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Blog Post by Month

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (611) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (382) Jesus (588) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com