Love in any Language is still LOVE!

2.07.2021

Keep

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu -

Meaning of keep: To last; to endure; not to perish or be impaired. To preserve; to retain.

 

Keep in the Bible: is found in 454 Instances. 

 

Is the word keep a shallow commitment or are there times the word keep makes its home in our heart to stay??  I do believe it varies among people. It goes along with their character, and their ability to put others first. The action keeps holds degrees of selfishness. Do we keep our word?  Do we keep love in our hearts or do we readily dispose of it when things become uncomfortable or do not serve our own selfish purpose? 

Do we keep our commitments we make with others? Or do we find excuses? I’m tired, I’m busy, something better is on the horizon.

 

Let's keep those thoughts as we began to turn the pages of the book that holds answers for life itself. I used to keep my Bible on the shelf collecting dust. But somehow it became alive in my heart. And the words that rest on the delicate pages feeds my soul. 

 

I found these words spoke to my soul as I tried to nail down the word keep. 

 

Jesus spoke these words “If you love me, keep my commands” 

 

And the words that I saw with my eyes and felt in my heart was IF YOU LOVE ME??? When we use the word keep we should say these words “if you love ______? “ keep ________!! 

Love should always be the driving force when we keep. 

 


But then the questions become. Do you love? Or are you selfish? Do we go through the motions to prove our love so others can see it, but it lacks that feeling in our hearts? Do we love when it’s convenient? 

Or do we keep Him on the shelf until our needs become bigger than we can handle? I believe if you love Him with all your heart, soul, and mind. Keeping His commandments is a no-brainer. His commitment to love us unconditionally for eternity is a gift that we can not even begin to repay. 

 

The true question becomes are we willing to keep Him in our hearts? Are we willing to love Him unconditionally?  Do we truly keep our commitment we made to Him! Do we give Him our heart to keep for eternity? Or do we selfishly pull it back when it not convenient? I do believe we are all in different places in our walk. We are all a work in progress!! I can only confess that each day I live and breathe I work hard at keeping Him and His word alive in my heart!!  It’s a commitment!  It’s work! But the rewards are far beyond anything we could ever imagine!!! 

 

It’s Him, it’s always Him. 

 

“ If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever."  

John 14:16 

 

“The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand." Psalms 121:5 KJV

 

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37


Design & Written by Lori Garner

Bible Verses From KJV, Easy  /  Sinners prayer 

Inspiring Music: YouTube

Kari Jobe - Keeper Of My Heart (Live)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com