Love in any Language is still LOVE!

10.22.2022

Disappointment



 


Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it. Eliza Tabor

The meaning of disappointment: It is sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.

 

We located 45 verses in the Bible that deals with the word disappointment…

 

I am sure that we have all struggled with the word disappointment.  We set expectations, and goals, and create in our own mind how we want life to unfold… And when things don’t go as planned that sad word disappoint creeps into our saddened little souls… 

 

When I peel back this word and traveled through the scriptures most deal with us as a self-centered lot…

 

It points us to turn to our Lord for comfort and strength…. But the cord that struck my soul was do we disappoint God?  Have we as humans missed His message of love and faith ???

 

When I channel surf and catch the headlines I would think He must be so disappointed… There are wars raging across borders, rumors of wars being eminently possible… battles on the home front… political unrest which carries such underlying agendas of power and greed. There are talks of famine, and innocent blood being spilled on our streets. Making us feel unsafe. Many have retreated to their homes.  We have learned to keep our children within arms reach… Our beautiful children are growing up in such a turbulent, unpredictable world… 

 

The verse that kept coming to my mind as this word disappointment settled within my mind was…. John 11:35

 

Jesus wept… 

 

Do we understand the crushing explication of this verse ??  

I can not help but feel He allowed Himself to be crucified to save humanity … To save our world… to save you … and to save me… 

 

I feel that He must be so disappointed. Understand that His love is so deep … Even disappointment can not alter His love for each man, woman, and child… But do we stop and think of His feelings??? Or are we so caught up in self that disappointing Him never crosses our mind until we have a mess on our hands.

 

Do we have the power to execute change in our world??

Do we speak love, do we practice kindness? Do we show compassion? Do we leave that judgmental thought behind? Do we embrace our fellow man? 

 

There is a saying that has traveled the Christian circuit for years ”WWJD” “what would Jesus do” if we asked ourselves that question it could be the catalyst for change… 

 

Easy to say… but to understand and second guess what He would do… You must know Him intimately. Better than you know yourself… 

 

I challenge you to be the light in this unpredictable world... Let's make His tears, tears of Joy!!! 

 

It's Him! It will always be him!!


“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14:1-3  


Photography, Art & Written by Lori Garner  

Bible Collaboration - Joann Turnbull
Inspiring Music: YouTube

Tears of Joy w/ Lyrics (Phil Wickham)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Receive Power | Darren Whitehead

Lord's Prayer

Sinners Prayer

Triune Loves Me - Volume 1

Triune Loves me - Volume 2

Thank you for your support

Buy Me A Coffee

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Link to my Musical Journey


SPOTLIGHT - POST

Darkness II

Darkness  will not gain victory over the  light  of  Christ . In faith, there is enough  light  for those who want to believe and enough sha...

Categories

. Holy Spirit (17) Angel (2) Enemy (1) Eternity (97) Father (9) God (614) Heaven (68) Holy Spirit (385) Jesus (591) Life (71) Love (188) Meditation (16) Music (67) NoHate (8) Podcast (39) Refuge (9) Revelations (4) Seek (49) Soul (77) Trust (42) Vision (10) Words (48) Yeshua (14)

ChristiansUnite.com Daily Bible Trivia

ONLY HIS LOVE SPOKEN HERE
He loves you no matter where you are in the world.

Total Page Views

Copyright for all written works and images (Lori Garner). Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Triune LOVEs me | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com